Events: Events for the 3rd sector
Women in Tees Valley event
Women in Tees Valley - 15th November 2011, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (with lunch) -International Community Centre, 7 Abingdon Road, Middlesbrough. Book online
1. Women & Trade Unions
2. Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
3. Removing barriers to accessing Violence against Women & Girls services in Tees Valley
4. How to make the case for women only services
5. Financial issues and women's mental health
6. Women's Interfaith Media Network
Women's voices for women's spaces is a partnership project between Women's
Resource Centre and NEWomen's Network to provide tools, skills, resources and
support for women's VCOs to lobby policy makers about gender inequality in the
North East, particularly in relation to addressing women's issues locally,
funding for the women sector and the protection of women only services. The
project has a focus upon making change and learning from the concrete
experience of women's efforts to challenge gender inequality and get their
voices heard locally.
We are deliverying a road-show of local meetings involving women activists and
women's organisations and groups for the purpose of identifying women's issues
and needs at a very local level. The local events will cover:
- What are the key issues for women in your local area?
- Where are the inequalities for women and between women?
- What needs to change?
- What do we know about decision making structures and who to influence?
• How can we bring about change?
For more information contact Sue Robson
Tel: 07813 109 215 (Sue only works for NEWomen's Network 1.5 days per week).